Left to right: Chuck Vau and Jack Cox standing in some of the ranch's old vine Zinfandel - circa early 2000s; Below: Jack Cox
We're a family of five (technically, eight if you count our two ranch dogs and Turkish Angora kitten) continuing the farming legacy of our founder Jack L. Cox (1936-2015). Our grandpa Jack had initially bought the ranch with intentions to subdivide and re-sell. At the time, it was a sheep farm, the only existing vines being several acres of Carignane. Ironically, he fell in love with the land and decided to develop it into the successful vineyard operation and family ranch that it is today. He was a true steward of the land, committed to conservation, sustainability, and the Mendocino County community.
We grew up in the middle of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc in a farmhouse that was built in 1856 and once served as a Pony Express stagecoach stop. From those windows, we watched our dad work many harvests. Now, we work those same harvests alongside him to create wines that tell stories, create memories, and honor the land our family has been farming for many generations!